Naan – 8 pieces
300 g flour
¼ tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
7 g instant yeast or 21 g fresh yeast
30 g melted butter
50 ml natural yoghurt, room temperature
125 ml warm water
Oil for the bowl and for the hands
Flour for rolling
1. In a large bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, yeast, yoghurt and water. Mix till it forms an uneven ball.
2. With oily hands remove it onto the work surface and knead for 5 minutes till it shines into an elastic ball. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and keep aside in a warm place till it doubles in size.
3. Remove and knead again lightly. Divide into 8 balls. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
4. Heat the oven at 250° C. Line the baking try or pre-heat the tray without the baking paper.
5. Roll out each ball into an oval shape about 18-20cm, sprinkle the flour as you roll.
6. Bake the naans in batches in the middle of the oven for about 5-7 minutes, till they are light brown and a bit puffed up. Apply a little butter or without and serve warm.